If you manage a commercial business and have a large floor space that needs to be cleaned regularly, at SRS Cleaning Equipment we recommend a ride-on floor scrubber to get the job done.
In order to clean large industrial floors effectively, it is also important to know how to maintain your warehouse floor scrubber to ensure it lasts you for many years to come.
Why should you look after your industrial scrubber dryer?
No matter whether you outright purchase a ride-on floor scrubber or hire one, industrial cleaning machines still need to be maintained for optimum cleaning results and to ensure they don’t break down.
Our machines are great for large commercial businesses because they save both money and time. The selection of pedestrian and ride-on scrubber dryers we have will clean your floors quickly and efficiently.
How to maintain your floor scrubber
Our floor scrubber models vary in certain ways, however the maintenance procedures required are similar for most of them.
- Your scrubber dryer will have a recovery tank for dirty water. This tank is required to be emptied and cleaned after each use. We advise doing this as soon as possible after your floor cleaning session before dirt and debris have the chance to dry. If you fail to clean the recovery tank regularly, it will begin to smell and hinder your cleaning results.
- Floor scrubbers are equipped with a squeegee assembly which will need to be inspected and wiped. After each use, there will be a natural build-up of grime which needs to be removed for optimum cleaning results the next time you use the machine.
- Scrubbing pads and brushes will also need to be cleaned on a weekly basis. Over time brushes wear out and become less efficient, therefore it is important to set a schedule for replacing them to make sure your floor scrubber delivers excellent results every time.
- Tanks will also need to be emptied after use. If left undrained, there is a chance that the solution will clog up the filters.
- With roller brush machines occasionally remove the jets that spray the floor beneath the machine and soak them in a mixture of water and vinegar overnight to ensure they don’t get clogged up. This mixture will soften any accumulated debris and ensure the jets are as good as new.
In order to keep your floor scrubbing machine in good working condition, you should follow these maintenance instructions and your floors will be cleaner and more hygienic as a result.
All business equipment requires maintenance and servicing to perform adequately, and your warehouse floor scrubber is no exception.
At SRS Cleaning Equipment, we supply warehouses, factories, and construction sites throughout the UK with heavy-duty ride-on sweepers and scrubbers through our short term and long term (Flexi-Hire) fleet.
Whether it is an emergency ‘spot hire’ you require or if you have a more permanent requirement, we have the machine range, experience and extensive hire fleet to assist your business.
For more information give us a call on 0330 678 11 22. Alternatively, send us an email at [email protected] and we will respond straight away.